It’s exciting experience to make Damascus paper knife.
My Hometown Sanjo-city open this class sometimes.
1. Start from raw material. It’s 16 layers steel.
2. Make half holes. These become Damascus patterns later.
3. Make Scratches. These become Damascus patterns later.
4. Heat and make rough shape by hummer
5. Make exact shapes using grinder
6. Heat about 800deg and put in water suddenly. It makes steel harder.
7. Reshape and make blade by grinder.
8. Finish by blasting
9. Damascus pattern appear